To help raise additional funds to support our Newtown High School scholarship, we also host a silent auction during the day of the festival. This has been a great success with packages from various restaurants, local artists, and numerous businesses.
Guidelines for Silent Auction:
How to Bid:
1. All items in the Silent Auction have bid sheets next to them or on a table nearby. When you want to bid, you do so by writing your name, phone number and email address on the bid sheet opposite the amount you want to bid.
2. You do not have to take the next available bid amount. You may skip ahead on the sheet to find the amount you want to bid. The next bidder must pick an amount higher than yours to be a successful bidder.
3. You may bid on any items in any silent auction section until the section is closed. Bidding for items in the silent auction sections will close at the times posted. A silent auction official will circle the top bid number and amount. You can see if you are the successful purchaser by looking at a copy of the silent auction bid sheet, which will be left in its place after the section is closed.
4. If multiple items are offered next highest bidder has the opportunity to purchase item at highest bid price.
5. In the event of a dispute, the Auction Chair will act as final authority.
1. By bidding in the silent auctions, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
2. All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” Newtown Earth Day Festival, Inc. has attempted to describe and auction items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
3. The value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted.
4. Restaurant certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
5. Payment for items purchased must be made in full on the day of the auction to the cashier. Newtown Earth Day Festival, Inc. will gladly accept cash, PayPal, or your check payable to Newtown Earth Day Festival, Inc. Please allow 30 minutes after the item has closed before reporting to cashier.
6. Following payments, you may pick up your purchases in the check out area. You must show your paid receipt for items to be picked up.
7. The purchaser must pick up all items the day of the auction, unless special arrangements are made. Any item left unclaimed, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to the Newtown Earth Day Festival, Inc.
8. Newtown Earth Day Festival, Inc. reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
9. Unless otherwise specified, all auction certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction.
10. Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from Newtown Earth Day Festival, Inc., their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the auction company and its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.