Lions Club “Lose the Litter”
Join friends and neighbors to help clean up Newtown’s streets and “tackle the trash!”
1:00– Activities Section
Festival Family Fun
From sack, water balloon and three-legged races to a massive tug of war, these family friendly contests will surely bring a smile to your face.
3:00 – 4:00pm
Birds of Prey
Festival-goers get to meet hawks and owls up close and personal. Hurt in the wild and now cared for by Sharon Audubon, these magnificent birds are the ambassadors for their species. It is a great opportunity to learn about these wonderful aviators and the Audubon’s work in rehabbing and releasing them. Check them out on Facebook or the web.
An abundance of lunch options, tasty snacks, and great beverages were available as folks browsed our festival. Featuring My Place pizza, Catering by Roxanne, Aquarian Catering, coffee/breakfast sandwiches and tasty pulled pork by Butcher’s Best, yummy maple popcorn from Aradia Farm, our Food Court offers plenty of options for everyone!
- Get Your Face Painted
- Tie-Dye T-Shirts & Make Eco-Crafts
- Make Your Own Seed Balls and Pottings
- Create Pinecone Bird Feeders with Pondview Inspections
- Build Bird Houses with Mojo-Meister Ben Toby
- Learn About Composting & Gardening Fun
- Learn How to Knit with Nicole Christensen
- Get a Bike Safety Check with Sandy Hook Cycle
- Save Money on Your Electric Bill w/ the Sustainable Energy Commission
A GREAT VENDOR FAIR!
From “green” merchants to school clubs and town associations, Newtown’s 10th Annual Earth Day Festival is the one place to learn how “easy it is to be green!” Check out all the great vendors exhibiting this year!